3D printing is the process of creating solid three-dimensional objects from a digital file. Layers of materials are created until the required size and dimensions are reached. There are special 3D printers that are used for the process. It is a process that has become very popular because people can be as creative as they wish and create solid objects that interest them for a variety of purposes and uses. This type of printing is also loved because of the various advantages that it brings.
1. Minimize the time spent to bring a great concept to life. You can bring your concept to life the same day you think of it, reducing time to market and start generating sales. If you are a business, you can stay ahead of the competition by using 3D printing.
2. It saves you money because you don’t need molding tools for your expensive prototype and production. Additive manufacturing rates are definitely lower compared to traditional machining options.
3. Mitigates risk, especially with large investments, and can easily modify or redesign an existing mold without risk or costly process.
4. 3D printing offers clearer communication, ensuring that no construction requirements are left to the imagination. This is because it offers the exact representation of the desired product while greatly minimizing errors with the finished product.
5. It allows you to get important feedback from the right groups, such as your target audience and business partners, before moving on to full production. This is a great way to test the market potential of your product before it goes into full-force production. It is also an easy way to make improvements before mass production.
6. It offers the advantage of physically feeling the product, something that is impossible to achieve using only an image or a virtual prototype on a computer. This way you have the opportunity to check the fit and ergonomics of the product because you can hold it, try it on and use it.
7. With the 3D printer, you can personalize and personalize product parts to fit unique needs and this can be very important, especially for the dental and medical industries or even the fashion and jewelry industries.
8. It’s based on imagination because you pretty much come up with anything you dream of. The possibilities of design and digital art become endless with this type of printing. You can build things that seem impossible, like square interior cavities, holes that change direction, and overhangs. You can bring your geometry ideas to life using a good 3D printer.
9. By 3D printing, you can tell what works and what doesn’t quickly enough to change an idea that is more realistic without wasting too much time and resources on an idea that is destined to fail. Even when a project fails, it’s easy to handle because you didn’t spend much of your money on it.