Waiting for an unforgettable vacation? You might be surprised if you search for popular places like London, Paris, Rome, New York, Toronto, Disney World, San Diego, etc. Even many beach vacations are expensive these days. Your best bet for cheap vacation getaways is to wait until the off-season or look for a less expensive alternative to a popular destination. Palm Springs, for example, is considered inexpensive compared to, say … San Francisco. Warsaw is a cheaper European alternative to London.
If you really want to go to the most popular places in the world, here are some tips to help you save:
• Timing is everything when it comes to budget travel. If there is no legroom with your vacation dates and you MUST travel on those specific days, make a list of the best places you want to visit and find out if it will be out of season for any of them. If you have flexibility with dates, be patient and wait until prices start to drop to the place you want to go the most.
• Early risers don’t necessarily get the worm in the travel and tourism industry. Sometimes it’s best to wait for a last-minute or same-day offer. You can save HUGE if you wait for hotels to cut their prices in a last minute attempt to reserve all of their rooms. The same is often the case with airlines, so if you’re feeling a bit risky, literally wait until the last day or two to see if airline tickets are available at a very low price.
• Sign up for newsletters and bookmark your favorite travel booking sites. Please continue to register to view the budget vacation getaway category. With a little patience, you will eventually see a package for one of the places that you would really love to visit.
• Don’t select a package with lots of extras if you don’t need them. There are different types of vacation getaways, some of which are all-inclusive and come with a wide variety of features, many of which you probably won’t need or could do without. At a minimum, you will need an airfare (or bus fare) and a place to stay for a certain number of nights. Just use the search function on your favorite travel site to group your airfare and accommodation together and see if you can get any discounts by booking them at the same time.
• Look for loyalty programs. You may be eligible for something even if you don’t know it. The line between hotel and airline loyalty programs is getting thinner, due to partnerships between the two industries. If you are a platinum or gold member of a hotel chain, for example, you may be able to spend your loyalty points on airfare if that hotel company is associated with an airline.
No matter where you want to go, keep these tips in mind and be as patient and flexible as possible in your search for cheap vacation getaways.
Online coupons are among the best in the travel industry. Take advantage of everything the site has to offer, from intuitive search and comparison tools to free travel guides to help you find affordable vacation getaways around the world.