There are many types of folding beds and they have a wide range of benefits; from cost savings to practical simplicity to essential space savings in home and office furniture. Since I live in Sydney, which has just become the second most affordable city in the world, saving money and space has become an imperative. This type of bed is hinged so that it can be folded and stored.
Here are some of the benefits I found from having two rollaway beds in my Sydney apartment and doing my research online:
– Perfect piece of furniture for unexpected visitors or guests. Saves you buying a traditional bed if it is only going to be used infrequently
– Stores in seconds and takes up much less space than your standard bed
– You don’t have to spend a lot of money buying a regular bed, which is more expensive just to be able to accommodate your guests comfortably overnight.
– Besides saving money, you will save on storage and they can also be used for other purposes
– Practical for people who live in mobile homes where space is a very precious commodity and also for families who have moved to their new place and do not have funds to buy the complete furniture set.
– Some types of folding beds will allow you to take them with you and it is sure to be a better solution than sleeping on the floor.
– Some more affordable portable beds will be able to be hidden behind closet doors or placed under an existing bed or stored in closets or in a garage.
– There are many options available when looking for one online to suit any budget
– The models that are being manufactured with memory foam these days, can recover their shape without affecting the comfort or the physical characteristics of the mattress. These same models are more pleasant to sleep in, as they practically wrap around the body when sleeping.
– The advantages are obvious for folding beds that use an air mattress, as they fold or deflate in an even smaller way.
– They are easily moved and placed in different parts of the apartment and unfold quickly
– Also called futons, guest beds, folding, folding or hide-away beds, they can be easily carried for children, for camping or other outdoor events.
– They come in all sizes, making them an ideal solution for both adults and children.
– Some of them will have an adjustable function, like those once found in hospitals or retirement homes.
– When buying a folding bed, look at the robustness and the closing action of the mechanism, a good mattress that provides good support, ventilation and is possibly made of natural materials such as latex.
All in all, folding beds are actually very underrated, but they are very compact and convenient – almost a necessity in every modern home today.