Leeds rentals, make sure you pay attention to these things!

“First of all, when viewing a property you should pay attention to the location, the surroundings, whether it is tidy, fully furnished, etc. You should also look at whether the heating system is working properly, whether there is double glazing etc. as it is colder in the UK in winter. Secondly, you also need to pay attention to the rent. In the UK, in addition to the rent, the landlord will usually ask you to pay a deposit upfront, usually half a month’s rent. This is returned when you leave. The landlord may refuse to return the deposit if he thinks you have damaged the house or furniture. Finally, you will need to sign a tenancy agreement.

UK law says that a tenancy agreement must be for at least six months, after which you can continue to Leeds student accommodation¬†without signing a new one. At this point, if you want to leave, you need to give the landlord one month’s notice; if the landlord wants you to leave, two months’ notice is required. If you want to leave within six months, you can discuss this with your landlord and negotiate a settlement. If you are sharing a tenancy, the tenancy agreement may be signed by someone else, so your tenancy agreement can be agreed with the signatory and is more flexible.

Leeds rentals, make sure you pay attention to these things!

Tenancy Permits Landlords who have more than one student accommodation in Leeds property in England and Wales (mainly properties over three floors that are let out) must apply to their local council for a tenancy permit. Failure to do so will result in a fine of up to 20,000 and forfeiture of rent. The landlord or agent applying for a tenancy permit must be able to prove their legal status and will also be checked for previous convictions and criminal records (although it is not necessary to have a criminal record to disqualify them from renting out the property). Therefore, if the property to be rented (by the owner) falls into the above-mentioned category, you must ask the owner to produce a rental permit to guarantee your merits.

Gas safety certificateIf the landlord is renting a house with gas appliances, he should produce a gas safety certificate for the period of its usefulness. The landlord must provide a copy of the safety certificate to each tenant. Note: It is essential to ask the landlord to produce this before moving into the room. Even if there is no gas heating in the rented room (for students), all appliances must be checked once a year.”

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *